The stately Zun House is one of the most important buildings in Canton Obwalden and the only cultural object of national importance in Sachseln that has no connection with Brother Klaus. It houses numerous treasures or artistic and historical interest.
The identities of the proprietors of the Zun-Haus, which used to border the lake, are known all the way back to 1540. Built in 1642 by Niklaus Götschi, it became the property of the von Flüe family by marriage in the 18th century and was rebuilt with great effort by Johann Peter von Flüe, a magistrate. The Zun-Haus has been in the Spichtig family for 160 years. It was extensively renovated in 1992 as part of a pilot project that saw it eventually acquire heritage protection status from Canton Obwalden.