The remains of Rosenberg Castle are located in the Kleinteil quarter between the chapel and the Hotel Alpenrösli.
Until the demise of the church in 1629, Kleinteil was considered the centre of Giswil municipality. A first chapel had been built in Grossteil in 1607, but only because the path to the parish church in Kleinteil was dangerous. Signs of Grossteil and Kleinteil wanting independence became apparent as early as 1429. Contemporary documents mention two corporations, "teil rütihalb" and "teil kilchehalb"